It is our mission to make the world more beautiful, while looking after it’s natural resources and the people we work with. Therefore all items are lovingly made by in our studio and in collaboration with European craftsman. Like a family run business in the north of Portugal, specialised in leather accessories and a goldsmith in the UK. The materials are carefully selected for their quality and sustainability, from vegetable tanned leather to recycled gift boxes. Making sure the items are sustainable and responsibly made in Europe.
- BIO leather: Our biodegradable leather is vegetable tanned in Portugal, this means it is produced without the use of chrome. The colours are dyed using natural materials, making the leather 100& biodegradable.
- normal leather: Our standard leather is made in France with a regular tanning proces.
- ECO zippers: Our ECO zippers are made in Italy without the use of nickel. We currently still have some wallets with normal zippers in stock, next to our new ECO zippers. Please can us if you want an update on our stock.
- porcelain production: Our porcelain is locally made in our ceramics studio in Utrecht, The Netherlands. We are also collaborating with a Portuguese craftsman specialised in making porcelain jewelry.
- recycled giftboxes: We work with an European company that produces recycled giftboxes.
Our atelier is based at Hof van Cartesius. Hof van Cartesius is a creative hub that is built with circulair materials. The creative workspaces that are built around a garden that is maintained by the creatives. The creative hub houses designers that work sustainable. The location is known for it's sustainability; we produce our own solar energy, waste is separated and when possible turned into compost to maintain the garden. Rain water is collected to water the plants and to fill up our pond (this relieves stress from our local sewers). We even grow some herbs and eatible plants for tea and lunch. You are welcome to come visit us here!